Over the years, the Commission has published position statements on major water issues to improve the quality of debate about water in Australia. By identifying emerging challenges and outlining recommended actions, these statements have informed public discussion and policy consideration.
In the period up to 30 June 2012, the Commission had released fifteen position statements. Recent statements include:
You can access previous position statements in our Library.
Parliamentary inquiries and submissions
The Commission has also provided specific advice to governments through Senate Estimates appearances, public submissions and/or appearances before relevant parliamentary inquiries.
We also participate in a range of intergovernmental and industry committees.
- The Queensland Government's 30-year water sector strategy
- The NSW Government's Urban Water Regulation Review
- National Water Commission submission to the Natural Resources Commission’s review of New South Wales water sharing plans
- Water Amendment (Long Term Average Sustainable Diversion Limit Adjustment) Bill 2012
- Inquiry into certain matters relating to the proposed Murray-Darling Basin Plan – House of Representatives Standing Committee on Regional Australia
- National Water Commission Amendment Bill 2012 – Senate Environment and Communications Legislation Committee