The Commission employs a diverse range of professionals, specialists and other staff with government and water sector experience.
They may be employed as full-time or part-time, ongoing or non-ongoing, or as contractors, depending on our business needs. All employment decisions are based on merit.
- Application form (RTF 1.77MB)
- Enterprise Agreement 2012-14 (PDF 12.1 MB) (DOC 975 KB): provides terms and conditions of employment for our employees.
- Reconciliation Action Plan: raises staff awareness of Indigenous Australians’ cultural issues and people.
How to apply for a job in the National Water Commission
If you decide to apply for a job in the Commission, your application must address the selection criteria for the position. Your application should contain:
- a completed application form (available in MS Word above)
- a statement addressing the selection criteria (this is an essential part of your application) which provides examples of your relevant skills, capabilities, experience and qualifications to demonstrate how you meet each criterion
- a resume (or CV) which includes your personal particulars, employment history and relevant qualifications
- the name and contact details of two referees, preferably one being your current supervisor. A referee should be able to provide comments on your work performance against each selection criterion.
Please note: If you wish to apply for more than one position, you need only submit one application for the position with the highest classification and indicate all the classifications/positions that you wish to be considered for on the application form.