Annual report 2012-13
This is the National Water Commission’s report to parliament on our performance in 2012–13. It reports on our performance against our outcome, deliverables and key performance indicators as outlined in our Portfolio Budget Statement.
The Commission performed strongly in 2012–13, achieving our objectives while responding to new challenges and competing priorities. This was a year of transition following the decision to ‘renew’ the Commission, which led to an amended National Water Commission Act and changing functions effective from 1 July 2012.
Performance and operational highlights are (summarised in 'at a glance'). These include our first report on the effectiveness of the Murray–Darling Basin Plan’s implementation, annual performance reports for urban and rural water utilities, our consolidated national report on water trading, and the completion of all 28 remaining Raising National Water Standards projects.
This report aims to comply with Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2 (WCAG 2.0). It is available in HTML (excluding the financial statements and appendices), and all sections are available in PDF. The HTML pages are scalable so that readers can access the report at various common screen resolutions, including on tablets and mobile phones.
- Letter of transmittal
- At a glance
- Chapter 1: Overview by the Chief Executive Officer
- Chapter 2: Commission overview
- Chapter 3: Performance review
- Chapter 4: Management and accountability
- Chapter 5: Financial statements (available as scanned PDF only)
- Abbreviations, acronymns and index
View as PDF
- National Water Commission Annual report 2012-13 (PDF 9.3 MB)
- Letter of transmittal (PDF 179.9 KB)
- At a glance (PDF 59.4 KB)
- Contents (PDF 130.8 KB)
- Chapter 1: Overview by the Chief Executive Officer (PDF 601.9 KB)
- Chapter 2: Commission overview (PDF 1.2 MB)
- Chapter 3: Performance review (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Chapter 4: Management and accountability (PDF 756.2 KB)
- Chapter 5: Financial statements (available as scanned PDF only) (PDF 2.8 MB)
- Appendices (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Abbreviations, acronymns and index (PDF 80.2 KB)